3.07.2011

Week: ONE

So far, so good. Just a couple days in and I'm not going through the major withdrawals that I assumed I would be going though. It's funny how panic-y people get over food, including me. I remember watching a comedy hour show with Kevin James as the stage comedian. Love that guy. Anyway, he mentioned how he loved going out to dinner, but going to restaurants where you have to share food is a nightmare. He brought up the example of getting pizza with friends. You sit at the table, hungry as ever, when suddenly the large pizza for 6 arrives and it's panic city USA. What if there isn't enough for me to have a second piece! Hurry, eat the first and go for the second... maybe sneak a third at the same grab!

I'm totally the same way. Anyway, I mention this because I'm learning that I can live without cheese and other dairy products-- it's not the end of the world. In fact, I'm doing fine without it and haven't really craved it so much. Relax, it's only food.

Tip of the day is water. Lots and lots of it. This seems to curb any unhealthy craving I tend to get after work or before I go to bed. I carry a 32oz Nalgene bottle with me everywhere and end up drinking quite a bit.

Okay-- so day #2... I'm good. Tomorrow is another adventure.

ps. thanks for the supportive comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Can we get some before/after pictures posted? To track the progress. I would love this! Way to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't get the self-control/discipline gene like the rest of my siblings.

    i'm proud of you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete