3.05.2011

Why oh why did I start another blog.

Well, to be frank, this is my last shot at motivating myself to stick to the only eating and exercise solution that my body will allow: The Paleo Solution. For those of you not familiar with the paleo solution, the quick version is basically that I am restricting myself to foods that are only natural (not including dairy), and high in protein. Many have compared it to the Atkins Diet, but no-- it's not. I have posted about the paleo before, on my other blog, but I wasn't dedicated enough to follow it. I'm good with restricting anything made of gluten-- I've been doing that for over a year, but I do have a problem and I figured out that my biggest weakness is actually two things:

1. Time
2. Dairy

Time, oh time. I never seem to find enough time in the day to take a shower, let alone cook for myself. This is terrible because then I fall back on foods that are not great for me. I usually settle for a couple bowls of cereal. Guilty. I hardly ever take the time to cook real, nutritious food for myself.

My second weakness is dairy. I cannot seem to let go of cheese and ice cream, and this is ridiculous.

So, with this realization I have come to the decision to dedicate a blog to my journey with the paleo eating solution in hopes that I will follow it more strictly and see the results I want. If the results are not what I want then I have my answer as to whether or not this seemingly extreme lifestyle change is worth it.

My goal is to post at least once a week for ten weeks to describe some of the things I'm doing to follow the paleo solution and if they were worth the effort. Perhaps pictures will be posted if my body starts to see the positive results of the paleo... but only maybe ;)

Let's get started. Hooray!

Start date: March 5th
End date: May 15th

3 comments:

  1. You have all of my support. I will just need to eat my ice cream and cheese in secret, so as not to tempt you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Amy - Amanda and I are here for you. We can't shake Ice Cream either. However, you have to try coconut icecream - we love it and its Dairy free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog Amy. Can't wait for your Paleo updates. If you ever want recipes, I have tons. You could make a big batch of something and eat the leftovers through out the week, when you are short on time. The time issue is really hard. I have found that if I plan ahead, it makes all the difference because I have the food stocked in my fridge. Good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete